1st Stone Scout Group and The Scout Association take the issue of privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting and respecting our users’ privacy. This Privacy Statement sets out our current data processing practices and should be read in conjunction with our terms and conditions. If you have any queries or concerns regarding these practices, you should contact the Group Scout Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The information we collect
2. Registration information
When you register with 1st Stone Scout Group, we ask for your name, email and postcode. We may also capture your IP address at the time you register.
3. Sharing of data
We may share data supplied by you (or collected about you) with other parts of The Scout Association, e.g. Scout Shops Ltd.
1st Stone Scout Group may include interactive advertising for other businesses as part of the site operation. We may use, and provide to third parties, your contact details if you have given us permission to do so.
5. Legal jurisdiction
All personal information and details held on and processed by computers situated in the United Kingdom.
6. Further information
1st Stone Scout Group will as part of its normal operation send out to information emails. Members can decide to ask for these emails as they register.
7. Disclosure of data by order of a Court and Security
We reserve the right to communicate a Member’s personal information as we hold to third parties who are empowered by regulation, statute or order of a court.
We have security measures in place to protect our customer database. Access to this database is restricted internally.
However, it remains each Member’s responsibility:
- to keep their password secret
- to protect against unauthorised access to your personal details
- to log off from the service when not using it; and
- to ensure against use by anyone else of the service through the machine that Member uses while they are “logged on” to the service
- to search and obtain only the data specifically required and allowed for relating to their role.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Your contact information
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all website visit http://tools.google.com/dopage/gaoptout
9. The Data Protection Act
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner’s website at http://ico.org.uk/for_organisations/data_protection
10. Contacting the service
If you want to contact us to raise any questions about this privacy statement, or any general matters relating to firststonescouts.wix.com/1ststone, you can contact us using this email address: email@example.com.
Please use this address if you wish to request from us a copy of the personal data we hold about you. Please note that under English law we are entitled to charge you a fee for providing this service.
11. Google Analytics
- Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
- Type of operating system.
- Screen colours (colour processing ability of the user’s screen).
- Flash version.
- Screen resolution.
- Network location and IP address
- Can include country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data.
- Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
- Time of visit
- Pages visited
- Time spent on each page of the website
- Referring site statistics
- The website (URI) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (e.g. clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
- Search engine query used (e.g. typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
This data is only used to optimise our website for our visitors.
This data DOES NOT INCLUDE any personalised identification information such as:
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Mailing addresses
- Bank account numbers
- Credit card information
The Scout Association’s Data Protection Policy can be found here. Also to get in contact with 1st Stone Scout Group with regard to a Subject Access Request (SAR), please email firstname.lastname@example.org